Home Health and Safety
Viking Containment has a comprehensive Health and Safety (H&S) policy that is promoted to all employees, with the Objective: “to achieve zero accidents, work related injuries and illness by providing a safe work environment”.
Management will work with employees and their representatives, and others, to:
- Set H&S objectives and targets for all personnel/areas, and rigorously pursue these.
- Relate these objectives and targets to managers’ performance.
- Early reporting and thorough investigation of all incidents.
- A stringent systematic hazard identification, control and review programme exists and for each new site, an on-site safety plan is produced.
- Strong employee involvement in H&S management.
- A policy of continuous improvement in H&S, including regular reviews of our ‘controlled document’ formatted H&S policies and procedures.
Some of the company’s key performance indicators include:
- Meeting Total Incident Rate targets
- Steady improvements in H&S audit scores, and safety walk/inspection scores.
- Frequency and quality of H&S meetings (site committees and departments).
- Carrying out external auditing programmes to determine compliance with ACC Partnership plan requirements.
Viking Containment is a member of Site Safe New Zealand Incorporated, and our employees are accredited with the Site Safe Building Construction Passport.
A “Site Safety Plan” specific to each project is developed, which takes into account the potential interactions between our own operations and those of cooperating contractors.